TV & Film contacts
Pact is the UK trade association representing and promoting the commercial interests of independent feature film, television, digital, children's and animation media companies. Its purpose is to provide services and support to independent producers and to campaign for the best regulatory and legislative environment for the sector to grow.
Watch Pact representatives talk about the importance of international trade to the UK's TV & Film sector.
Pact does not make programmes. Please do not contact the Pact office regarding programme ideas. Pact staff are employed to assist Pact members and are unable to respond to queries from the general public.
However, you can forward your idea to a suitable TV production company. Pact is unable to recommend particular companies and suggests you do your own research into which companies may be most suitable. You will find details of production companies within programme credits, particularly programmes within the same genre or subject area as your own idea, i.e. factual, drama, comedy, etc.
Once you have identified the companies you would like to approach, please visit the Find a Member page to find relevant contact details.
For general Pact contact details:
For more information, visit http://www.pact.co.uk/home
The BFI is the lead organisation for film in the UK with the ambition to create a flourishing film environment in which innovation, opportunity and creativity can thrive. It achieves this by:
- Connecting audiences to the widest choice of British and World cinema
- Championing emerging and world class film makers in the UK
- Investing in creative, distinctive and entertaining work
- Promoting British film and talent to the world
- Growing the next generation of film makers and audiences
- Preserving and restoring the most significant film collection in the world for today and future generations
- Working with partners to advance the position of film in the UK
Read its five year strategy for film in the UK here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/policy-strategy/film-forever
The BFI was founded in 1933 and is a charity core-funded by Government and governed by a Royal Charter. The BFI combines cultural, creative and industrial roles, bringing together the BFI National Archive and BFI Reuben Library, film distribution, exhibition and education at BFI Southbank and BFI IMAX, publishing and festivals. The BFI awards lottery funding to film production, distribution, education, audience development and market intelligence and research.
21 Stephen Street
Tel: +44 (0)207 255 1444
For more information, visit www.bfi.org.uk
The British Film Commission (BFC) is the UK government's national agency responsible for maximising and supporting the production of international feature film and television in the UK.
With offices in the UK and the US, the BFC provides free tailored production support at the highest level from the earliest stages of development through to post production. This includes guidance on the UK's film and television tax reliefs, and assistance with sourcing key crew, talent, facilities and locations.
Tel: +44 (0)207 613 7675
Fax: +44 (0)207 613 7677
For more information, visit www.britishfilmcommission.org.uk
Creative Skillset empowers the creative industries to develop skills and talent. It influences and shapes policy and secures vital investment for individuals to become the best in their field and for businesses to grow. As an industry body for the creative industries, it works across film, television, radio, animation, visual effects, games, fashion, textiles, publishing, advertising and marketing communications.
Head of Film
Tel: +44 (0)207 713 9814
Tel: +44 (0)207 713 9871
General contact details:
21 Caledonian Road
Tel: +44 (0)207 713 9800
For more information, visit http://www.creativeskillset.org/
The Production Guild of Great Britain supports the most experienced production personnel in UK film and television drama. It represents professionals working across production, including accounts, location management, assistant directors, post production and the production office.
The Production Guild
Main Admin Building
Tel: +44 (0)1753 651 767
For more information, visit www.productionguild.com.
UK Screen Alliance in partnership with Animation UK is the trade association that represents companies involved in animation, post-production, VFX, physical effects, audio, camera and lighting hire, freelance talent agencies and TV & film studios.
Our Core Purpose
- UK Screen Alliance is a strong voice at the top table for the member companies who work in the UK Screen sector. We provide the collective clout that individual businesses cannot achieve alone.
- We proactively raise issues, drive the debate and lobby to influence Government, broadcasters and other industry bodies. We shoulder the collective burden to improve business conditions, sector best practice and industry skills for our members.
- We disseminate validated and pertinent information to give our members a competitive advantage. We add value regionally, nationally and internationally by raising the profile of member businesses within the industry and with potential clients.
- We promote a fair, healthy and competitive UK screen sector.
+44(0)20 7734 6060
For more information, visit www.ukscreenalliance.co.uk
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is a UK Government department working with businesses based in the United Kingdom to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice. It helps UK-based exporters succeed globally and assists overseas companies to bring high quality investment to the UK.
Sector Specialists contact details:
Sector Specialist for Film, Animation, TV and VFX
Sector Specialist for Screen and Digital Media
For more information on UKTI, visit the UKTI website.