Moore Kingston Smith were delighted to host a panel discussion with Mehjabeen Patrick, CFO, Creative England and Hannah Williamson, Associate, Edge Investments, titled “The Investment Landscape for CreaTech Businesses in 2020”, as part of CreaTech at CogX yesterday (8 June 2020).
We are delighted to share our top five key takeaway points from our panel discussion:
- The UK is a great place for CreaTech businesses. The UK Creative sector is well placed to help drive economic recovery post Coronavirus, with the UK Creative Economy expected to come out of the crisis stronger than ever.
- The UK CreaTech sector outperformed other sectors for growth capital investments, with the proportion of CreaTech sectors deals increasing from 15% to 20% post lockdown.
- The UK is a very tax friendly environment for start-up and scale-ups with the UK having one of the most attractive R&D Tax credit regimes in the world.
- For businesses looking to raise investment from VCs, revenue metrics are key, but non-financing KPIs such as user base are also important.
- Strong management teams are crucial for attracting investment, particularly at the Series A stage.
To discuss any of these points with one of our experts, we are offering complementary 20 minute meetings. Please click here to book a meeting.