- There were 150 British video games completed in 2019-20 which claimed VideoGames tax relief (VGTR), with UK expenditure of £355 million. These figures are likely to increase as more claims are received by HMRC.
- Since the relief was introduced in 2014, 1,375 video games have made claims, accounting for £3.7 billion of UK expenditure.
- Each game may make several claims during the production process. One claim can also be made to cover several games.
- In 2019-20, 350 claims were made for a total of £121 million, which represented 605 games.
- Since VGTR was introduced, a total of £444 million has been paid out to 1,460 claims.
Source: HMRC Creative Industries Statistics, August 2020