Export Month Showcase for UK Advertising
The Advertising Association – together with partners from its Promote UK group, including the Department for International Trade (DIT) and the IPA – is coordinating the biggest effort yet to showcase UK advertising services to international audiences.
Dubbing March as the industry's 'Export Month', the initiative will feature a wide programme of activity with the aim of promoting the UK’s advertising services to key markets around the world. These include:
- The first annual UK Ad Exports Report – With research from the advertising industry’s think tank Credos, the report will track the performance of the UK advertising industry and will highlight the latest figures for exports of ad services – an area where the country has traditionally performed strongly.
- Participation in the Shanghai International Advertising Festival (SHIAF). See report here.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) – For the first time, UK advertising had its own day at SXSW, taking over the British Music Embassy on 8 March in activity backed by DIT. Curated by the IPA as part of its Promote UK work, a variety of UK businesses presented to festival-goers on their areas of creative expertise.
- APA’s Tokyo-London Forum 2019 – Supported by DIT, the Advertising Producers Association (APA) took a delegation of companies to Japan, the third largest advertising marketing in the world between March 11-14.
- Advertising Week Europe (18-21 March). The Advertising Association, in partnership with DIT and the IPA, hosting one of the week’s highly anticipated Breakfast Leadership events at Ronnie Scott’s on 19 March. The topic of discussion will be how UK advertising can work together to build exports in a post-Brexit landscape, support the UK Government’s soft power strategy and contribute to the wider trade agenda.
- Cannes Lions UK competition – The annual search for UK advertising professionals to represent the country in the global Young Lions finals in Cannes this summer will launch in March. Backed by the Advertising Association, Department for International Trade, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Framestore and M&C Saatchi, the competition will identify UK’s rising creative talent to do battle on the world stage.
- Export Accelerator – Recruitment of test users will open in March for a new online resource funded by the Department for International Trade to help UK advertising businesses create their export strategy.
- Celebrating excellence in exports – All UK advertising businesses will be encouraged to share their exporting stories across the industry and to contribute to Export Month with their own activities.
- Promote UK Year One celebrations – Export Month’s end date coincides with the first-year anniversary of the formation of Promote UK, a group designed to support the UK advertising industry’s export ambitions. The month will culminate in a celebration of the group’s achievements in its first twelve months.
More details on the AA website here.