- The UK is a must-stop venue for international artists on tour, adding to the quality and depth of live music available week-in, week-out across the country. Live music contributed £1.1bn of UK Gross Value Added (GVA) in 2018. (1)
- The UK offers some of the world's best music venues. The country is home to three best-selling arenas globally, the O2 in London, the Manchester Arena and the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, and live events are distributed across the UK.
- Total direct and indirect spend generated by music tourism in the UK was £4.5bn in 2018, up 12 per cent on the previous year.
- Overseas visitors to UK shows and festivals grew by 10 per cent from 810,000 to 888,000 in 2018.
1. Music By Numbers, UK Music, 2019