- In 2019-20, £71 million of Theatre tax relief (TTR) was paid out relating to 1,115 claims. Each claim can be for more than one production, so these claims represent 3,580 productions, of which 1,065 were touring and 2,515 non-touring.
- Since TTR was introduced in 2014, £280 million has been paid out relating to 3,645 claims, which represents 12,065 productions.
- In 2019-20, £18 million of Orchestra tax relief (OTR) was paid out relating to 165 claims, representing 565 productions.
- Since OTR was introduced in 2016, £41 million has been paid out relating to 340claims and 1,350 productions.
- In 2019-20, £16 million of Museum and Galleries Exhibition Tax Relief (MGETR) was paid out relating to 170 claims representing 1,045 exhibitions. Since MGETR was introduced in 2017, £20 million has been paid to 220 claims, representing 1,345 exhibitions.
Source: HMRC Creative Industries Statistics, August 2020