The IPA and the other stakeholders and contributors to www.thecreativeindustries.co.uk website ("we" or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (“IPA”) of 44 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on our site www.thecreativeindustries.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our email services or when posting material to the site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a site problem.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including - where available - your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and reporting to our stakeholders, and to assess and improve our user experience This is aggregated statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To ensure that you receive any requested emails.
- To provide you with information that you request or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the site when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the site.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the email registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any stakeholders or contributors to the site who may wish to provide you with information that they feel may interest you or that they feel may answer a request you have made to us. We will not disclose your personal information to other third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by either us or by any of the stakeholders or contributors to the website. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use or disclose your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.